Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Indigenous Software Tester Training program?
This program provides five months of in-class instruction and three months of paid internship after which graduates are guaranteed full-time, well-paying jobs as software testers.
What is software testing?
Testing is about quality assurance — verifying the degree to which programs do what they are supposed to do and that they don’t do what they are not supposed to do.
Brand new to software testing? That’s okay! Our course will teach you everything you need to know. And if you, like so many of us, spend a lot of your time on a smartphone, you will likely be more experienced than you think!
What career paths are possible?
- Junior Software Tester (Manual Functional Testing)
- Intermediate Software Tester (3-5 years)
- Senior Tester (10+ years)
- Specializations: Automation Tester, Performance Tester, Security Tester
- Opportunity to pursue other career paths in IT from within
- IT Leadership/Management (e.g. office manager, delivery manager, account manager, etc.)
- Other positions such as: Project Manager, Business Analyst, HR, IT, accounting, operations, sales executive, etc.
What is it like to work for PLATO?
With artists, puzzlers, runners, gamers, and everything in between, our diverse group of employees are what makes PLATO who we are: a knowledgeable team of software testing experts who are approachable and reliable.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health & dental coverage, fitness credit, and RRSP Matching
- Work recognition and milestone awards
- Flexible work environment: remote/in-person
- On-going professional support and mentorship
- Advanced training opportunities and certifications
Who is the ideal PLATO training candidate?
This program is for people who are:
- Critical Thinkers
- Problem Solvers
- Detail Oriented
- Motivated to Learn
- Excited about a career in Information Technology